Message from the Ontotext Cognitive Cloud team
In the last five years, the Ontotext Cognitive Cloud delivered an exclusive service for a quick start with RDF databases and technology. After those exciting years, with deep regret, we must inform you that the service will stop after July 30, 2019.
Sirma AI, the new owner of the service, commits to continuously improve the GraphDB product and introduce a new managed service. This managed service is aimed at enterprises, which want to outsource their RDF database operation.
What are the next steps?
- Billing has already stopped. You can no longer make new databases and the databases which you already have can be operated for free until the 30th of July, 2019.
- In the next month, you have to complete the service migration
- On July 30, 2019, the service will be stopped
You can continue to use GraphDB by migrating your repository data from the cloud to another GraphDB instance.
To export the data from your repository:
- Launch your cloud database.
- Connect to the repository you want to export.
- Go to Explore/Graphs overview.
- Choose the graphs you want to export or select all.
- Click Export Repository as TriG. To preserve the contexts (named graph) when exporting/importing the whole database, use a context-aware RDF file format, e.g., TriG or N-quads formats.
Step 2: Restore a repository from an RDF export.
To import a previously exported file into an empty repository.
- Make sure that the repository is empty or recreated with the same repository configuration settings.
- Go to Import > RDF and then select the Server files tab.
- Check on the Help? page what is the directory path after the string “Put files that you want to import into”.
- Copy the RDF file with the backup into this directory path and refresh the page.
- Start the file import and wait for the data to be imported.
Ontotext Cognitive Cloud Team